One of the features we have here are called Scenes.
Scenes are basically 'recordings' of roleplay for a variety of purposes such as learning a new skill; earning rewards like reputation, silver, or xp; keeping a personal record of some roleplay a player may want to reference in the future, or just want a record of it; crafting an item; creating a save point for a character; doing in character maintenance as part of a special condition a character may have; or doing some extra investigation into on going or past plot lines to see if a character may discover something new (also known as Player driven scenes or Speculation RP); and so much more.
Not all scenes need to be submitted for a SH to perform a ruling, just the ones where the player's goal is to earn some reward or further some progress in relation to an ongoing plot.
To start creating a scene first find the scene creation link.
It is located on the left hand side or in the Side Bar menu when in a chat room.
Scroll down to the section of Create Stuff
Then look for the word Scene - click on that link to go to the scene creation page.
Once on the Create Scene page there are some boxes to fill in text with and some things to select. Remember anything with a red * is required.
Title - The title of the scene, put in whatever you want to call that scene
Attention To - The default is 'any A/SH' as most scenes will be just for whomever can get to the ruling first. However if your scene is related to a specific session or plot line or it was done as an assignment from a specific A/SH just replace the 'any A/SH' text with the name of the A/SH that is to do the ruling.
Character - Name of the character doing the work in the roleplay for the scene. One character name per box, so if there is more then one character involved click the Add another item button to add to add another box to put in another character name. Repeat that for as many times as needed to add in all the characters involved.
Goal - It lets us know what is trying to be done with the scene. Select which one of the options best fits what is being done.
- Generic ruling: This one is the catch all for anything that may not fit with the other options and one of the most used. This goal is for things like learning a new skill, investigating a plot from a session or news/rumors post, just doing some speculative rp to see if the character may find anything.
- Crafting an item: For any kind of crafting or item creation with the intent to make an actual item for use.
- Making some silver: For anything that may be used for making some extra money on a character.
- Gain reputation: For anything that may be used for earning some reputation with a group/organization.
- Maintenance: For some character conditions that come with extra work or rules, or anything that may come up IC that a player has to do and it has to be tracked.
- Save point: A save point is basically a back up of a character that requires 1000 silver paid and a scene to be recorded to reflect the back up being made. See Character Death for more details on Save Points.
- Private record: This is for when a player just wants to save some roleplay that they may want to reference in the future for something or want a quick way to find the roleplay without needing to search the archives for it.
Difficulty - For most scenes 25 will be the difficulty. The other difficulties are mostly related to crafting items which have a tier of build points and difficulties. If not completely sure on what to pick, just leave it on 25 for the submission and then an A/SH can help determine if a different difficulty is needed. See Crafting Rules for more information on crafting.
Scene Assistant - Nothing needs to be done here. Its a tool especially to help crafters or any scene that needs a certain amount of PP generated. This tool will populate either after the scene is saved, or when the Refresh scene button is hit. The posts in the scene will load and any rolls made will be ruled with the selected difficulty to give an idea of PP generated. (Note: The Refresh scene button currently does not update the change in difficulty, in order to see PP generated on a different difficulty setting just save the scene in the draft state to update it.)
RP Bonus - Not required, but is a perk for players that really get into the roleplay on their character for their scene. Needs to be more then one line in per post order to qualify.
RP Posts - This is where the posts that will make up the scene get added. In order to add posts click the Add items button and that will launch another window. If a window does not pop up - check your browser settings to make sure it is not being blocked in anyway. If still having issues post on the technical forums with the issue.
Once the window is open there are two fields to fill in.
Room: The name of the chat room where the role play happened. This field is required.
Character: If only needing posts from a specific character for the scene then filling in the character name will only list posts from that character. Leave blank to see posts from all characters.
Hit the Apply button to have a list of posts from a chat room show up.
Select the check boxes of the posts that are to be used in the scene.
Once the selection is made, scroll to the very bottom and hit the Submit button to add those posts to the scene.
The window will go away and now there should be a lists of the posts selected under the RP posts section.
(Note: selections will not remain when going to another page of the post selection window, so be sure to hit submit before going to another page.)
Notes - A place for extra information related to the scene, such as description of an item being made, any OOC questions relating to the scene, if learning a new skill or language information on the skill or language to be added, clarification of any goal in the scene, etc.
Change Scene evaluation state - this changes the workflow state
- draft - keep this one selected if the scene is not ready for evaluation and its being worked on.
- submitted - select when ready to be ruled/evaluated.
- not for submission - select this one when the scene is for a private record with nothing that needs to be evaluated.
When all done click the Save button and the scene will be created and you will be taken to the page of the scene.
At the top of the post will be a set of tabs: View Edit Workflow. In order to change or update the scene click on the Edit tab and it will take you back to the scene creation page.